One of the biggest transformational shifts in healthcare is the rise of the Internet of Medical things.
The healthcare industry has been quick to adopt connected medical devices as they can help providers offer a better standard of care while also improving efficiency and lowering operational costs.
IoT in the healthcare sphere has given rise to wearable devices that allow for remote monitoring of various vital signs and health stats. Today, wearables in healthcare have moved past the hype and are now playing a key role in ensuring clinical success, lower cost of care, and improved patient experiences and outcomes.
This topic will be unpacked further at this year’s Healthcare Innovation Summit 2018 which is scheduled for 17-18 October 2018 at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Now in it’s sucessful 4th year, HISA will bring together over 300+ hospital CxOs, medical practitioners, healthcare IT leaders, service providers and government functionaries, as well as a carefully selected roster of local and international speakers.
Under the theme “Transforming Healthcare with Technology”, the agenda will cover emerging technology trends in healthcare such as AI, IoT and wearables, electronic health records, healthcare data security and privacy, telemedicine, predictive analytics and much more. It will also look at the impact that these technologies have on hospital operations and healthcare delivery.
Confirmed speakers for HISA 2018
- Rajeev R. Eashwari, Director: eHealth, KZN Provincial Department of Health
- Etienne Dreyer, Associate Director: PwC
- Leonard Slabbert, CTO: Boehringer Ingelheim, Sub-Sahara Africa
- Reg Courtenay, Deputy Director: IT Systems in Health, Joburg City
- Dr Kofi Okyere-Dede, Medical Doctor & “Ideas Guy” for Novitech Digital
- Mike Perk, CEO at WWC
Click here to view speakers
Key topics at this HISA 2018 include:
- Developing a Digitally Enabled Workforce.
- The Role of Technology in Making NHI a Success.
- How Practical is Robotic Healthcare Within the African Context?
- Artificial Intelligence and the Future of African Healthcare.
- Electronic Health Records: Data Security Risks, Privacy and Regulatory Compliance.
- Emerging Trends and Opportunities in the eHealth Market.
- The Role of Big Data and Predictive Analytics in Healthcare.
- Digitizing and Automating the Distribution and Dispensing of Medication.
- Measuring the ROI of Digital Healthcare Projects.
- IoT and Wearables in Healthcare.
- Assessing the Efficacy of Technology-Enabled Population Health Management Systems.
How to Participate
Join as an attendee: Join local and international hospital CxOs, medical practitioners, healthcare IT leaders, service providers and government functionaries – for two days of top-level content, case studies, live demos, breakaway sessions and plenty of networking opportunities.
Join us as an exhibitor: Showcase your health-tech innovations, projects, and solutions. Put your organisation at the centre of this one-of-a-kind gathering. Find new partnerships, investors, leads, and opportunities.
For more information about this conference, visit http://www.healthcareinnovationsummit.co.za/