The 4th annual Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa is scheduled to take place on 17-18 October 2018 at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa. Under the theme “Paving the road to Sustainable Smart Healthcare”, the summit is set to assemble hundreds of hospital CxOs, medical practitioners, healthcare IT leaders, service providers and government functionaries, as well as a carefully selected roster of local and international speakers.
Included the event’s selection of speakers, is the founder of “Flying Doctors Nigeria”, Dr Ola Orekunrin – Brown. As one of the youngest medical doctors in the United Kingdom, Dr Orekunrin-Brown joined the National Health Service as a helicopter pilot with specialised training in aviation medicine and from that, went on to successfully pioneer the first air-operated Emergency medical services in Lagos, Nigeria.
Flying Doctors Nigeria (FDN) is a medical emergency service that specialises in air ambulances, medevac, medico-logistics services, remote site medical solutions services, medical infrastructural development and medical training services. This award-winning service is the first indigenous Air Ambulance in West Africa and has been in operation for almost ten years.
FDN now consists of 44 doctors and 20 aircrafts that can deliver immediate care en-route to one of Nigeria’s hospitals. The company also hires out their services to major events in Nigeria as well as offering insurance to companies and families in the country.
Orekunrin-Brown is also a member of both the American Academy of Aesthetic Surgeons and the British Medical Association. She was listed amongst the “Young Global leaders by World Economic Forum” in 2013 and lectured on entrepreneurship at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Confirmed speakers for HISA 2018
- Rajeev R. Eashwari, Director: eHealth, Gauteng Department of Health
- Etienne Dreyer, Associate Director: PwC
- Leonard Slabbert, CTO: Boehringer Ingelheim, Sub-Sahara Africa
- Reg Courtenay, Deputy Director: IT Systems in Health, Joburg City
- Dr Kofi Okyere-Dede, Medical Doctor & “Ideas Guy” for Novitech Digital
- Mike Perk, CEO at WWC
- Dr Ola Orekunrin-Brown, Founder of “Flying Doctors Nigeria”
- Jaco van den Heever, Founder and Head of Consulting at Sand Dollar Design
Key topics at this HISA 2018 include:
- Digitally Transforming a Healthcare Institution.
- The Role of Technology in Making NHI a Success.
- How Practical is Robotic Healthcare Within the African Context?
- Artificial Intelligence and the Future of African Healthcare.
- Electronic Health Records: Data Security Risks, Privacy and Regulatory Compliance.
- Emerging Trends and Opportunities in the eHealth Market.
- The Role of Big Data and Predictive Analytics in Healthcare.
- Digitizing and Automating the Distribution and Dispensing of Medication.
- Internet of Medical Things(IoMT): Transforming Healthcare with Connected Medical Devices.
- IoT and Wearables in Healthcare.
- Assessing the Efficacy of Technology-Enabled Population Health Management Systems.
How to Participate
Join as an attendee: Join local and international hospital CxOs, medical practitioners, healthcare IT leaders, service providers and government functionaries – for two days of top-level content, case studies, live demos, breakaway sessions and plenty of networking opportunities.
Join as a speaker: Showcase your thought-leadership. Share your insights and experience. Shape solutions to critical business challenges.
Join us as an exhibitor: Showcase your health-tech innovations, projects, and solutions. Put your organisation at the centre of this one-of-a-kind gathering. Find new partnerships, investors, leads, and opportunities.
For more information about this conference, visit: http://www.healthcareinnovationsummit.co.za/