TechInAfrica — Montsheng Margaret Tsiu, a Free State MEC of Health is expected to deliver a keynote at the 4th annual Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa. The Summit will be held at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa for two days.
More than 300 healthcare practitioners, policymakers, technology experts, investors, and hospital administrators are expected to attend the 2018 Summit. It will generate a top-level content, workshops, case studies, live demo and dynamic conversations discussing how technology has redefined the healthcare system.
MEC Tsiu will address what challenges faced by healthcare in the Free State through the proper implementation of government’s re-engineering of the primary healthcare (PHC) policy. The policy has goals to increase access as well as the quality of health services.
MEC Tsiu has been working for over 30 years in the health department, started by being a professional nurse in primary healthcare and as the Provincial head of nursing. For this financial year, the MEC has set a number of priority including Centralized Chronic Medicines Dispensing and Distribution, improving health infrastructure within the province, implementing the health patient registration system, as well as TB screening, etc.
This year’s Summit has a theme called “Paving the road to Sustainable Smart Healthcare”. It will cover emerging technology trends in healthcare including AI, IoT and wearables, electronic health records, medical practice management solutions, healthcare data security and privacy, telemedicine, predictive analytics, etc. Moreover, the Summit will also take a closer look at what impacts these technologies have given to hospital operations and healthcare delivery.
The Speakers for The 2018 Health Innovation Summit Africa
- Montsheng Margret Tsiu as the Free State MEC of Health
- Dr. Michael Mol as the Head of Hello Doctor and former Top Billing presenter (Conference Host)
- Rajeev R. Eashwari as the Director of eHealth, Gauteng Department of Health
- Dr. Sindeep Bhana as the Principal Specialist & Head of Endocrinology & Metabolism at Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital
- Etienne Dreyer as Associate Director of PwC
- Leonard Slabbert as the CTO of Boehringer Ingelheim, Sub-Sahara Africa
- Reg Courtenay as the Deputy Director of IT Systems in Health, Joburg City
- Dr. Kofi Okyere-Dede as the Medical Doctor & “Ideas Guy” for Novitech Digital
- Mike Perk as the CEO at WWC
- Dr. Ola Orekunrin-Brown as the Founder of “Flying Doctors Nigeria”
- Jaco van den Heever as the Founder and Head of Consulting at Sand Dollar Design
- Ana Lídia Moreira as the CCO & Co-Founder of FisioCloud Brazil
- Paul Saunders as the Data Analytics Product Manager at Mediswitch
- Dilip Naran as the Product Development Manager at Med-e-Mass
- Moshtaq Ahmed as the CEO at NybSys/Racson
There are 10 key topics to discuss on the 2018 Health Innovation Summit Africa, including:
- Digitally Transforming a Healthcare Institution.
- The Role of Technology in Making NHI a Success.
- How Practical is Robotic Healthcare Within the African Context?
- Artificial Intelligence and the Future of African Healthcare.
- Electronic Health Records: Data Security Risks, Privacy, and Regulatory Compliance.
- Emerging Trends and Opportunities in the eHealth Market.
- Digitizing and Automating the Distribution and Dispensing of Medication.
- Measuring the ROI of Digital Healthcare Projects.
- IoT and Wearables in Healthcare.
- Assessing the Efficacy of Technology-Enabled Population Health Management Systems
If you want to participate in the event as an attendee or a speaker, here is what you need to do:
- As an attendee: you need to be involved in/as local as well as international hospital CxOs, healthcare IT leaders, medical practitioners, service providers, and government functionaries. It requires for two days of top-level content, case studies, live demos, breakaway sessions and plenty of networking opportunities.
- As a speaker: You need to showcase your thought-leadership by sharing your insights as well as experience. In addition, you also need to design solutions to critical business challenges.
- As an exhibitor: You showcase your innovations in health-tech, projects, and solutions. You also need to prioritize your organization on this gathering by finding new partnership, leads, investors, and opportunities.
If you want to know more about the event, please visit: http://www.healthcareinnovationsummit.co.za/