The South African Medical Association (SAMA) has thrown its weight behind the 4th annual Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa 2018, which will take place at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa on 17 & 18 October 2018.
SAMA is a non-statutory, professional association for public and private sector medical practitioners in South Africa, with the aim of uniting doctors across the country. Their vision is to be the representative association for the South African medical profession, empowering doctors to bring health to the nation. It exists to serve the in the best interests and needs of its members in any and all healthcare-related matters, giving members unrestricted access to all information SAMA has to offer.
In partnership with HISA 2018 organisers, the South African Medical Association will be issuing Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points at the summit, where all HPCSA registered medical professionals, doctors and specialists will qualify for 8 points by attending the 2 day summit.
With “Paving the road to Sustainable Smart Healthcare” as the running theme for the summit, HISA 2018 will cover emerging technology trends in healthcare such as AI, IoT and wearables, electronic health records, medical practice management solutions, healthcare data security and privacy, telemedicine, predictive analytics and much more. It will also look at the impact that these technologies have on hospital operations and healthcare delivery
Confirmed speakers for HISA 2018:
- Montsheng Margret Tsiu, Free State MEC of Health
- Dr Michael Mol, Head of Hello Doctor and former Top Billing presenter (Conference Host)
- Rajeev R. Eashwari, Director: eHealth, Gauteng Department of Health
- Dr Sindeep Bhana, Principal Specialist & Head of Endocrinology & Metabolism at Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital
- Etienne Dreyer, Associate Director: PwC
- Leonard Slabbert, CTO: Boehringer Ingelheim, Sub-Sahara Africa
- Reg Courtenay, Deputy Director: IT Systems in Health, Joburg City
- Dr Kofi Okyere-Dede, Medical Doctor & “Ideas Guy” for Novitech Digital
- Mike Perk, CEO at WWC
- Dr Ola Orekunrin-Brown, Founder of “Flying Doctors Nigeria”
- Jaco van den Heever, Founder and Head of Consulting at Sand Dollar Design
- Ana Lídia Moreira, CCO & Co Founder of FisioCloud Brazil
- Paul Saunders, Data Analytics Product Manager at Mediswitch
- Dilip Naran, Product Development Manager at Med-e-Mass
- Moshtaq Ahmed, CEO at NybSys/Racson
Key topics at this HISA 2018 include:
- Digitally Transforming a Healthcare Institution.
- The Role of Technology in Making NHI a Success.
- How Practical is Robotic Healthcare Within the African Context?
- Artificial Intelligence and the Future of African Healthcare.
- Electronic Health Records: Data Security Risks, Privacy and Regulatory Compliance.
- Emerging Trends and Opportunities in the eHealth Market.
- Digitizing and Automating the Distribution and Dispensing of Medication.
- Measuring the ROI of Digital Healthcare Projects.
- IoT and Wearables in Healthcare.
- Assessing the Efficacy of Technology-Enabled Population Health Management Systems.
How to Participate:
Join as an attendee: Join local and international hospital CxOs, medical practitioners, healthcare IT leaders, service providers and government functionaries – for two days of top-level content, case studies, live demos, breakaway sessions and plenty of networking opportunities.
Join as a speaker: Showcase your thought-leadership. Share your insights and experience. Shape solutions to critical business challenges.
Join us as an exhibitor: Showcase your health-tech innovations, projects, and solutions. Put your organisation at the centre of this one-of-a-kind gathering. Find new partnerships, investors, leads, and opportunities.
For more information about this conference, visit: http://www.healthcareinnovationsummit.co.za/